1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Windows 8

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Davandar, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davandar

Davandar New Member

I thought I would post a thread for myself on my specific issue...

I am running a windows 8 machine with admin rights. During connection the computer recognizes the printer and calls it TAURINO AT Mega 2560 with the troubleshoot flag as it is unrecognized.

I ran the serial_instal file from the driver folder in the Robo version of Repetier in Admin mode but the installer fails each time usually giving me a "" error or blank error. And tells me I may need to try it in administrative mode.

Any advice would be great thank you

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can try installing Cura, it comes with the arduino driver. Let it install that and you should be fine. Cura and Repetier seem to be happy with the same driver.

I just recently moved all of the software over from an underpowered win 7 laptop to a windows 8 desktop and everything is working fine.

3. Davandar

Davandar New Member

Sounds good, I will give it a try, thanks for the response.

4. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

I'm running into the same problem, I tried Cura. but this seems not to work. Are there any more suggestion for getting the robo to run on a win 8 machine?

Davandar, have you had any luck?

5. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

6. Davandar

Davandar New Member

No, I ended up using an old machine with Win 7 on it, now I am trying to get the Z axis to stay put :)

7. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

I just woke up and decided to plug the printer back in, and now she works. Well I have homed everything at least, but that is working as far as I'm concerned with where I was before I went to bed.

I'm not sure what worked in the end since I did every thing suggested here http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/ind...t-installed-especially-for-win8-1-users.1115/

Now to see if I can get a print before I have to get ready for work :)

8. Sheldon Fox

Sheldon Fox New Member

I have some info for those who are having problems getting the USB connection to work with PCs running Windows 8.1.

I could not get my Robo 3D to work on my Windows 8.1 PC, altho it connected and worked fine on another Windows 7 PC. The problem presents itself as an error trying to install the USB COM port driver, and you can never get the USB COMx port to show up when configuring "Printer" in Repetier Host.

After a number of failed attempts to fix it, including installing the Arduino IDE as mentioned above, I decided to check the Release Notes for the current Arduino BETA version (from Nov 28th) and saw that it includes a fix for a "Windows 8.1 compatibility" issue. I downloaded that beta version, installed it, and now I'm up and running with the printer connected to a Windows 8.1 PC.

The Arduino version I got to work was labeled "ARDUINO 1.5.5 BETA 2013.11.28" so you might want to try it (or later versions) if you experience this problem.

Sheldon

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.