1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

X axis travel and x axis home switch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JAG, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAG

JAG New Member

With the manual control in Repetier, I have full control over the steppers. The Y home and Z home buttons in Repetier, when clicked, cause the assemblies to travel and connect with the limit switch and stop, just as it should.

When I click the X home button in Repetier, nothing happens (except I hear a brief 'click'). I can manually control the extruder assembly with the +/- X controls in Repetier. However, if the extruder assemble is not manually placed to the far left when the printer is turned on, the -X control will not move the extruder completely to the left - it will only move it part wary. As long as I start the printer with the extruder assembly far left (manually) everything is fine.

I would have thought that the X home button should have sent the extruder assembly left until the limit switch was depressed. I'd appreciate any help/ideas here. Thanks.

2. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

It usually does but not always. I think during initial connection out powers then up but doesn't move them. The sand is true after using emergent stop. Is it ONLY the z axis that's doing this?

3. JAG

JAG New Member

X axis, only the X axis does not return home when the home button is pressed.

4. JAG

JAG New Member

The Z and Y axis work fine.

5. JAG

JAG New Member

I unplugged the unit, turned it over, and jiggled the limit switch wires where they connect to the board. Seems to have corrected the issue.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

OK, that inspires confidence :p

Still, glad you got it going! (and you know what to look at if it happens again)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.