1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved X is shifting allover

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tonycstech, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Can someone help me with this ?
    I keep getting random X shifts here and there no matter how fast or how slow i go.
    Looking at the bottom left corner i can see that shift somehow took place only on one corner instead of the entire model, so it suggest that pulley did not jump a tooth. If it did jump a tooth, then entire model would be shifted but its becomes back to normal later.

Printer is on metric Z and directdrive extruder
    DSC00008.JPG

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Could just be a loose belt. It would not need to jump an entire tooth, just stretch enough (with some slack) to through it off a little bit. Make sure the belts are snug.

3. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

very much so. If it was belt, both sides would be effected left and right, but only left is shifted while right is at its correct place.
    Printer runs right now and i already see same thing. I started with 40mm/s and problem showed up some layers later. Then i went 80mm/s and it seem to be having no effect at all, no better no worse.

But am having my doubts about the belt.

Is there printable clamp i can try ? Because i only have one zip tie holding it.

4. Dbeal

Dbeal Active Member

Tony try this setup, this is what Mark shared with me when I first got my printer. I use this same setup and it works very well for me.

Attached Files:

5. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

LOL i dont have a single ziptie but here i would need 6.
    Not sure why would that make anything better, it creates more dampening which could be issue running fast with high acceleration rate (3500 default is high)

6. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

Ok looks like it was the belt. It was so tight it was slipping thru its teeth because zipties were not holding it hard enough.
    I printed a clamp to hold it in place harder and it seem to work.

I was so sure it wasn't the belt i was almost willing to ignore every belt related comment :)
    Stupid me

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.