1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered x-y axis misalignment

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dafni, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Dafni

Dafni New Member

Hello!

I just got my Robo R1 3D printer but it seams that the x and y axis are totally misaligned! The home position currently is on the bottom of the square and shifted a bit to the left... The z-axis seams to be working just fine though!

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

?
    Pictures of what you mean would be a big help.
    The home is at the bottom left corner of the build plate (looking at it from thw front and assuming FRONT->BOTTOM).

The writing and lines on the build plate are meaningless. They do not indicate anything.

3. Dafni

Dafni New Member

I attached you a picture of the position that it is sitting.
    I printed the whistle and in MatterControl program I had it in the middle of the bed but it started printing it at the position that the picture shows.

In addition, it goes to x limits and it tries to move even more resulting to a grinding sound..

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, you need to go through this thread and make sure your endstop switches and Z axis switches are behaving correctly.
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/read-me-my-robo-doesnt-auto-level-correctly-faq.4664/

THis one is good too (the video):
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/printer-not-leveling.5912/

This one as well:
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/visual-troubleshooting-guide.3017/

Sounds like at least one of your endstop switches is not aligned or not working right

5. Dafni

Dafni New Member

I aligned the z axis, so both switched are pressed.. I tried to run the g29 but the middle point instead of being on the middle is on the far right corner.. That's why when it tries to calibrate the right corner there is a grinding sound...

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yes it is likely the X axis limit switch. Which will look a lot like the Z axis ones, but on the side of the X carriage...

7. Dafni

Dafni New Member

So... The two z switches are are pressed and I can see one switch on X axis on the left of the printing head and one under the heat bed for y axis. Should all this be pressed at the same time? What it what I do not understand.. How can I set a starting position or centre point?

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

They are only pressed when the head 'homes'. that is how it knows where it is.
    Other than 'home' all other positions are calculated ones (ex. I moved 47mm in X and 10mm in Y FROM HOME).

9. Dafni

Dafni New Member

when i have at the switches pressed so x0y0zo, and type g28 it does not go to the middle of the bed but a bit next to it. ..

#9 Dafni, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  10. Dafni

Dafni New Member

I tried to print the calibration circle and even though it goes to the home axis just fine, then it gets offset and as soon as it finished it rested on a random place.

Attached Files:

11. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Take a picture of your x axis switch. It's the one that is on the carriage under the extruder. May be a loose connection there

12. Dafni

Dafni New Member

the connection seams alright.. There ia something wierd going on because when the axis go to Home. The y and z seam alright but the if I press home again the x moves to the right a bit..

Attached Files: