1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved XXL Control different z axis heights

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aznhlfan, May 22, 2016.

1. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

I am using the XXL control on both 3D printers, not really an issue or problem that I am finding, But the thing that has me confused, before every print, I auto home from the controller. When I do the z axis setting is always different for every print. Even if it is the same print from the sd card (I store the gcodes on the sd card and just print from there). I get pretty decent prints, but sometimes the print may be a little light on the first layer. I set the z offset in the gcode before I saved it on the sd card, but the z axis number is different for every print. Should the z offset that I set in the gcode , be the same as the sd card z axis? For example, the zoffset in the gcode is set to .5, but the sd card z axis reading for the first layer is .9, sometimes 1.04, sometimes .59 etc...

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Assuming the the reading on the screen is correct (i.e. Z zero => 0) then yes, it should be fairly close.

aznhlfan likes this.
  3. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

Should I not auto home it every time then?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure, doesn't hurt.

regardless of how it is homed when it IS at home, all axis should read zero.

5. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

They do read 0 after homing, but when it starts to print is when the reading changes

sent from my Samsung Note 5 using Tapatalk