1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y axis grinding and catching

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Josh Johnston, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Josh Johnston

Josh Johnston New Member

My y axis is gringing and catching as it moves. I have removed glass and belt and It is very clear that is is in the linear bearing or rod. I ordered new linear bearings installed them and as soon as I put them on it is grinding and catching again. I lubericated them with white lithium grease and still doing the same thing. I noticed it the other day when I was printing it was messing up the print in places. Not sure what to do at this point called customer service and had zero assistance. The said something about reseting a board but I told him the y axis is unhooked from the stepper motor. The only thing hooked to y axis is the two plastic pieces for the glass top, the rods and linear bearings in side the pillow block. The rods look smooth no reason to drag and the liners bearing I noticed will move freely back and forth only when spun down rod. But holding them in place as if bolted to base it will drag, drag, drag. I'm pulling my hair out at this point and I don't have much left to be doing that. Not sure if it is just cheap bearing or what but the ones that came with machine only has about 30 hrs print time. Any help would be great thanks for your time.

2. Josh Johnston

Josh Johnston New Member

This was ment to go in troubleshooting sorry don't know how to move it their now

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like bad bearings.
    Open a support ticket with Robo and/or a replacement parts request or order some online.

They are LM8UU

#4 mark tomlinson, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  5. Josh Johnston

Josh Johnston New Member

Fixed after 8 different bearing and finding the best lube works great now. Used full synthetic 10w 30 motor oil