1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

y axis shift/slip

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kanwar, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanwar

Kanwar New Member

Hey everyone, I have an issue with my y axis shifting sometimes. I know others have had this problem and I tightened the belt and it seems pretty good, I hear a twang. Before I open up the motor I wanted to check with the community. I posted a picture. Both prints are from a single run, the top one was good and when the printer finished the infill and moved to the lower one, the infill shifted as seen. Let me know what you guys think is the problem and solution. Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is not always the belt, check all of the pulleys and allen screws that tighten the associated components.
    In the case of the Y it could also be a belt binding, look under the bed and watch it as you move it back and forth to make sure it is moving smoothly and correctly.

That said, it sure looks like it skipped a tooth.

3. Kanwar

Kanwar New Member

I tightened the screws on the belt drive that is right the heating bed. There is no play now, I think it might have fixed the problem.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good luck. I had to tighten every pulley/gear and set screw when the machine arrived. I used loctite and have not had to go back and mess with those again. Just periodic belt tension adjustments.

5. sjreggel

sjreggel New Member

My pulley was also loose, not completely but enough to have play and cause noticeable problems in the print

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.