1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Y axis shifting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lanem747, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanem747

lanem747 New Member

Every time I print (if I can get it to) the machine will print 3 layers move on the Y axis about 2mm back and print 3 more and so on it continues to shift at an angle this is very annoying and I continue to lose prints to it. also any suggestions on how to get better quality the prints are terrible almost like the printer doesn't know were to put the next layer. thanks :mad::confused:o_O:oops:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is most likely a loose belt (or one of the pulley set screws on a pulley that drives the belt).
    The one under the bed is the Y axis drive.

2 people like this.
  3. lanem747

lanem747 New Member

thanks, the belt was really loose cant believe I didn't notice it. but the prints are still very poor quality. I have used the PLA settings for slic3r and repetier. could it be a calibration issue?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There are a lot of things that play into this. I would suggest try slowing it down and see if that doesn't help (print speed as well as non-print moves).

5. lanem747

lanem747 New Member

ok ill try slowing the settings

6. Bob64

Bob64 Member

try replacing the washers that attach the bed to the rails. I think the nylon ones were cracked on mine, so I tightened the belt and make sure the screws were at the "closest position" with the belt pulling them together, since the holes are oversized a bit.

7. peter hagemeyer

peter hagemeyer New Member

I had the same issue on X. Turns out the set screws holding the gear on the motor shaft was loose, so it would drift 2-3mm per pass. After I tightened that up, and reattached the belt all was OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.