1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Your Slic3r Support Material Settings?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by William, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William

William New Member

Occasionally my support material is easy to remove, most times not. If you have success with removing support material, I would like to know your settings. One confusing concept to me is the "Interface Layers". It seems to me this would mean the number of layers that are common between the support material and the part and then I would assume it would be better to have 1 or even 0 instead of 3. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I found that Cura on its latest version, 14.09, the support material is really thick. Not like before where it was easier to take off due to the thinness of the support. No matter what setting I try, it always comes out thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Lots of experimenting, but never got acceptable support material (nor consistent results) from any of the 'normal' packages (MC, repetier--slicer or skienforge, Cura, kisslicer). Was the main reason I love Simplify3D. I did nothing to the settings and support material has always :

1) Worked (i.e. supported)
    2) peeled right off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.