1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z axis is skewed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by gauthig, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gauthig

gauthig New Member

My Z axis is skewed, i.e. the left side is higher than the right. How do you reset it?

Also, I notice the left side raises sometimes and does not sit on the limiter switch, so that contact is open. Just a tap and it will settle down, but slip again later. I think that might be what is casing it to key.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Share a photo ? Which model printer do you have?

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

First off, make sure your end caps are sitting as far down as they can on the brass nuts. Then make sure the endstop brackets are tightened down so that they don't slide off of the brass nut on the Z threaded rod and that they are right up against the bottom of the end caps. You can adjust your Z if one side is higher than the other by simply twisting the threaded rod while the machine is off to raise or lower that side. Use a level, dial gauge, or just a ruler to get it as close to square with the bed as possible. You can also do a paper calibration so that both sides rube the piece of paper evenly on both sides. Auto bed leveling helps if you aren't spot on, but the closer you are the better. A picture of the issue does help. So if you are still having issues or have further questions, please post a pic or two for reference.

4. gauthig

gauthig New Member

Thanks danza6 and also thanks to the recently posted videos from Marquis. () realy helped alot. Just had to manually level it and run it through. I move the left side down and then ran G29 as Marquis recommends and noticed tweaked it a little more.

Auto level works great now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.