1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Z axis moves when I Jog the X or Y axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by suntecki, Oct 21, 2015.

1. suntecki

suntecki New Member

I was getting uneven prints that were higher on the right side of the table. I went to mechanically level the bed and noticed that when I jog the X in the positive direction the screws for the Z axis also turn to raise the Z axis. Same when I jog the Y axis. And it goes in the opposite direction when I move in the negative planes.

Is it a grounding issue? Or something in programming I can check? Didn't want to have to tear the machine down, but I will to inspect.

Craig

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I've never heard of anything like this before. I'd contact robo directly so they can be aware of the issue

3. suntecki

suntecki New Member

I turned off the auto bed leveling and it seemed to fix the issue. Turned it back on and it showed back up. So without the auto bed leveling off I did a mechanical leveling on it. And fter adjusting the z offset I am getting nice even prints for the first time!

I wouldn't say the main issue was solved, but I worked around it.

Only time I have seen something like that before was on other CNC machines having grounding issues. But now I am assuming its part of the auto leveling program.

Craig

4. RoboRage

RoboRage New Member

Sounds like the Auto Level protocol at work. If the Auto Level works properly, then the Z-axis will move depending on your location to keep the nozzle at the same height of the glass. My glass is .025 off from side to side, but the Auto Level feature corrects that.

As for the print being higher on one side, it sounds like a manual adjustment was made after the Auto Level protocol was initiated.