1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Z axis on ROBO 3D R1 printer is starting print way too high

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by I Need Help, Mar 8, 2016.

1. I Need Help

I Need Help New Member

Hello
    I have received this printer a couple days ago and right out of the box, it has worked perfectly. But until today, i had a little blob of filament stuck on the extruder. So in the program MatterControl, i have raised the Z axis of the printer high enough to clean the fillament off of the extruder head. after doing this i set the axis back to where it was and after that every single print i attempted, the x axis moved more than halfway before starting print. i tried to lower the axis in the program but the axis just raied itself again to the same spot.

If anybody knows a current working solution to this problem, please help me out with this.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One or both of the Z axis home switches is getting triggered falsely.
    Probably it got knocked out of position while you were working on it.
    With the hotend up off of the bed they should both be snug up against the cross bar with the switches pushed in by the crossbar.
    If one gets knocked sideways (out of position) it will no longer have the switch triggered and will report HOME.
    Only one needs to do that for the firmware to think the Z is HOME (and it will not go DOWN more).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. I Need Help

I Need Help New Member

Alright, thank you for the suggestions i will try them out.

5. I Need Help

I Need Help New Member

You were right the homing switches were not being pressed causing the extruder to be raised. Thank you :)

mark tomlinson likes this.