1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z home problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cnr141, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Strange but not unusual to have a machine work one minute but not the next. All it takes is a wire to fray or come loose.

I saw in your earlier post that the firmware reports the Z endstop as "open" when you unplugged the endstop wires - can you check to make sure that is what is happening.

2. cnr141

cnr141 Member

it doesnt stop and try to go to magma as supposed

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Maybe, but you're wasting my time complaining about it.

Tell me if the switch is working on not. We've narrowed down the problem to the switches.

If it goes open when you press the button, the switch is working, and you need to make it activate against the carriage with the X axis level.

Otherwise just submit a replacement part request here: http://www.robo3dprinter.com/pages/replacement-part-request

4. cnr141

cnr141 Member

i ve plenty of not working ROBOs all around the office. I am trying to get one working with the pieces of others already...

and i am sure Braydon or others gonna answer sooo immediately.. he doesnt even answer his mobile.

Its ok.. Thanks for your help.. You did what you can ... Thanks again

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

If there's a problem with more than 1 printer, the problem is probably something you're doing wrong. Just saying the odds of multiple faulty components is not good.

I don't blame him for not answering calls. I can't imagine why he'd give people his number.

Find the closed circuit, and you'll solve the problem man. A 5 year old could do this detective work. Hell if you have a button battery and an LED we could make a test circuit in like 3 seconds.

6. cnr141

cnr141 Member

sure he has to gibe his contact coz he doesnt respond the mails.. i am his distributor and he has to give me working machines properly.. thats his must and .. having brand new non working machines is not my fault , i do not have to fix the machines man ;)

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I just don't see any reason why the printer wouldn't be working.

I don't expect you to need to fix anything, but you're not getting the right information to prove there's actually something wrong with the printer.

Until you can show concrete evidence of fault, I'm sticking with my assumptions.

8. Island Bill

Island Bill Active Member

Spot on, Ziggy. I was having the same problem and looking for solutions in the firmware. After watching the video and reading your answer, I looked and sure enough, the left side z axis stop switch had somehow gotten out of position (I'm sure it was my doing). Anyway, this is a great example of checking the simple solution first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.