1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z lifting off bed after print starts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by MinnesotaFats, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinnesotaFats

MinnesotaFats New Member

I apologize for a newbie question. I have been reading and reading for the past 4 days and I cannot figure out what exactly is happening.

I have a new ROBO R1 with the covered bottom, so from my reading that is the 8 mm z-rods. I have done the paper calibration to the best of my ability and when I hit the home all button through MatterControl it goes to the designated spot, the Z may be a little low, but at least it knows where to go.

I am trying to print the basic test cube that comes with the software. I am using all of the default settings, extruder 210*, bed 55*, PLA that came with the printer. The MC version is 1.1.7. I went through the steps that were suggested, by Jerry, (http://help.robo3dprinter.com/Answers/View/260/What+is+the+latest+Firmware) to upgrade to the latest firmware. I stole the boss's hairspray to hold the print down.

The issue I am experiencing is the extruder will go to the correct location to start the print, do its leveling function, and then go up about 1.3-1.4 mm and start the print. As I said, I have been reading for days trying to figure it out on my own and I have hit the end of my rope. I really don't think that it is a hardware issue. It either has to be a ID10T error or an incorrect software setting.

Could someone please save me?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like a extra Z-offset programmed in somewhere (settings perhaps?).
    Not a matter control user (nor do I have an R1 w/auto leveling) so I a not the best one to offer advice.

3. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

Maybe you could download repetier-host, and try to do a small print, this may tell you if it is matter onto problem or not

4. MinnesotaFats

MinnesotaFats New Member

Thanks for the tip. I will try to download that tonight and see if I can get it to work.

This actually did cross my mind, but I couldn't see where it might have been saved. Also I am not confident enough with making changes to the configuration file, without expert help, because I don't want to mess something up.

5. MinnesotaFats

MinnesotaFats New Member

[​IMG]

Let's see if this works. This is a quick photo of when I was printing the other test print from MatterControl, sorry I forgot the name of the file. I have been able to lower it from here, but I cannot get it to the proper height.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

well, at least as part of setting up repetier you will know where/if you entered the Z offset/initial height settings :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.