1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z-offset issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattfay72, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattfay72

Mattfay72 New Member

My new refurb Robo 3d R1 plus had first layer problems. Printing to close to the bed using Simplify3D and Octoprint. I read through many of the forums and tried the M565 code without success. When I manually send the M565 command with say -1.2 I got back "received 0.70". I decided to connect via USB and Matter Controls and use the Offset macro to change it to "Offset 0.9". I reconnected Octoprint and sent the -1.2 and received 0.9.
    Based on this, I concluded that the firmware is overriding any G-code offset commands. So my question is this. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I change the offset with the G-code? Or why isn't this documented? I have no issue setting it via firmware and forgetting it but I struggled to figure this out.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You startup GCode should be something like this:
    G28;
    M565 Z-1.0;
    G29;

Or whatever you need your offset to be. You can't set a global Z offset at the slicer -- not the same

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You may want to flush the EEPROM to be sure it is clear a refurb might have bogus stuff in there. From a GCode terminal do this:

M502;

then

M500;

That will reset the EEPRom back to defaults from the firmware.

4. Mattfay72

Mattfay72 New Member

Just got the solution from the Robo 3D Facebook group. It was a CAPITAL 'Z' and not a lower case 'z'. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

No worries, you gotta learn somewhere :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.