1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z3n-Printing Underway...

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Iggy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Iggy

Iggy New Member

I received a fully assembled PLA model a few days ago, and everything is working like a charm.
    I used the recommended Repitier-Host for my Mac, with all of the Robo's start-up settings. Soon, I'll start tweaking the settings to test the ranges of heat, size, etc. for various filaments and projects.

NOTE to PLA users, the online manual tells you to set the temp to 230 degrees in the section titled "Test the extruder with initial burn-in temperature" in Chapter VI. When I did this, it started to melt the printer bed. The manual did indicate a lower temp (190) for the PLA parameters in Rep-Host, so I should have carried that info over to the testing... At least the melt is far away from the normal printing area.

This is my first 3D printer, so I don't have anything to compare. However, this unit has exceeded my expectations. Most of the stuff we have printed are mods of stuff on thingiverse, although I'm working on developing a 3D model via http://www.123dapp.com/catch.

IMG_9723.JPG
    IMG_9706-1.JPG

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Good to hear things are going well Iggy.

Were you a March or April backer and do you know your backer number, just so we can get an idea of how the shipments are going. I am still waiting for mine.

3. Iggy

Iggy New Member

I was in the May group for the fully assembled version. Not sure what my backer number was, but my pledge date was Jan 19th.

2 people like this.
  4. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Thanks for that Iggy.

It seems like they are cracking on if they are shipping May group PLA models already. Mine is April for the assembled ABS printer so I guess they are just waiting for the Boro glass to come in so they can start shipping those.

3 people like this.
  5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member