1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Changing Filament during Print

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Randy406, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Randy406

Randy406 New Member

I am trying to print an object with multiple colors and when I set what layers to pause at to change the filament it doesn't resume at the same place it left off at. Usually will be off a couple mm. I am using Mattercontrol 1.7, I have tried some adding in the Pause G Code G91, G1 Z10, G90 on different lines. Then Resume G91, G1 Z-10, G90 but can't seem to get it right. I have set in the settings layers to pause at. Anyone have a G Code that would work for this. Thank you

#1 Randy406, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

5. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

A simple approach is to use multicolored filament. You won't have to worry about stopping & starting prints.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The issue with multi colors in one strand is you are unable to precisely place your following colors and no way to deal with the color bleed. When you swap colors you can purge out all the previous color, pull the purge off the nozzle and resume print for nice clean color transfers.

I use the filament change command in the LCDs. All my firmware have wierd quirks I use so I dont know if "stock" has the option enabled?