1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo3d R1+ Upgrades but a little help needed

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by JE Studios, Feb 25, 2017.

1. JE Studios

JE Studios Member

So as I have a beta Robo3d and a R1+ decided it was time to plunge into the E3D v6 , and got my Kit from printed solid the other day. It seems from the original videos and post about the installation of the kit are a little different aka the old thermistor way. Haven't been able to find a clear how to install video on for the main wires, So I think I have the Hot End itself built correctly but the part I am a little lost with is where do the wires go on the ramp, etc.

Image #1 being the wires that need to go under to the power and what not, not sure where or what needs to be done with them any help or insight from all you fine 3d printing masters , maybe a image of someones R1+?

Thanks for the help :)

Attached Files:

#1 JE Studios, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

3. JE Studios

JE Studios Member

Hey thanks for that, however with the new wires for the E3D v6 wasnt sure where the new wires were supposed to go so was looking to see if anyone was willing to share or advise where they would go on the R1+

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

image.jpeg The wires off the heater go to the ramps board. R1 + board they go to location D9 or you can reuse the heater from the hexagon hotend. Thermistor wires go to designator T0 on the ramps R1+ board.

Jeff Meador and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. JE Studios

JE Studios Member

Awesome thanks for the help, pluging it in now for the test run :)