1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Quality or other problem , extruder ? Master Welcome pls.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marco Ramirez, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

In the photo print 3d B (orange)is when my printer was normal, after a jam problems with the extruder already solved, continue printing as the photo print 3d W.(black) bad print now , what happens here? , The configuration in the software is the same not changed. im see on 3d print troubleshooting , cant not find a picture with my problema , it's very strange. never see it,Everything started a few days ago with a filament jam, I think that when reassembling the extruder, I used a lot of the two screws that lower the filament, screw them a lot. can be the screw ??? on picture screwwthis alot ?

Attached Files:

#1 Marco Ramirez, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The reality is that filament is not always filament. Unless you are printing with natural uncolored filament then there may be differences in the additives used to color a filament. In some cases it might be significant, but usually just boils down to finding the correct temperature for each batch you buy/use. Sometimes 1.75 doesn't always equal 1.75 either.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have always kept them in as far as they will go on my Robos, never an issue. The GregsWade is a very forgiving extruder as far as feeding filament is concerned, if the hobbed bolt can get a grip you are going to extrude something, somewhere :)

Marco Ramirez and Geof like this.
  4. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I hand tighten snug not hard both screws and I do well.

Black filament has given me issues on both spools I've had. Slight fiddling with nozzle temp has been needed.

Marco Ramirez likes this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

My tension screws are tightened as far as they can go and have 3 extra M3 washers on each one lol.

Marco Ramirez and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

If I think about it, that happened with the last meters of the filament roll, could that be?

7. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

tks

8. Marco Ramirez

Marco Ramirez New Member

In summary it is a normal problem, between the poor quality of the filament and the temperature, The error of extrusion prevent is by low temperature and I have solved it, I just need to solve the problem of Stringing or Oozing Hairy print, and Now I have in my hands the reprapguru 2004 lcd, that I will install in the night I hope everything goes well, I really appreciate all the help since I am a new user.
    Greetings to everyone from COSTA RICA country

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

the bad news is that stringing and oozing with PLA or ABS generally means you are extruding too hot :)

Marco Ramirez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.