1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved No printing after 9 point auto leveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Will Silva, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Will Silva

Will Silva New Member

Hi all,

I got a brand new R1 Plus 2 days ago and it printed like a beast until the filament ran out. When I had to replace the filament with a new one, I used the controls in MatterControl to raise the Z axis to make it easier for me to load the filament. After successfully loading the new filament, I attempted to do a new print and the print head started printing but went waaaaay down on the bed and started making a loud cranking sound as if it was trying to go well below the bed. Out of fear, I powered the machine off. Ever since that happened yesterday, I have been attempting to troubleshoot to get printing back to normal. The first steps I did was make sure the z axis limiter on both sides were down, they weren't, seems as if the left side limiter was out of place. This prevented the z axis from going down, it would just move up. I adjusted the the cranks on both sides and was able to make it where the limiters were set properly and that the print head would navigate both up and down correctly. As of now, all seems to be functional, except the actual printing part. when I start a print job, the machine does its usual 9 point auto leveler and on the 9th point, it stops and doesn't print. It also seems like during the 9 point leveler, the head comes down a little harder on the bed. I adjusted it but it still seems as if it could come down a little softer on the bed. Am I missing anything here? I also updated the firmware on the machine. Please help.

2. Will Silva

Will Silva New Member

I'm actually having the same exact issue. Mine started doing this after a few other issues. I got mine only 3 days ago though. The issue I had was the left and right limiters were off, the right one somehow wasn't being pressed down. When I finally got the limiters set, the z axis started moving down again, it was only moving up. But now, it'll start the 9 point auto-leveler and then stop and the 9th one, back right. Let me see if I can get a capture of the GCode terminal here.

Btw, I also opened another post earlier as I had not seen this one.

3. Will Silva

Will Silva New Member

BTW, mine randomly started printing again. Currently printing a calibration circle that comes standard on MatterControl to see how it turns out.....Attached is my current print log.

Attached Files:

4. Will Silva

Will Silva New Member

Attached is my print log/GCode

Attached Files:

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @Will Silva Can you please attach pictures of those two limit switches? The auto level (as long as it touches the bed in all 9 points) is working so I'd look into the gcode communication tab of your slicer and see if your getting any errors ? (I'll try to look through your log and see)

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

in a quick skim I didn't see a error. I'm going to ask for you to slice another part, press print and upload the communication terminal again and add in how long the print "should take" according to the software and explain (or take video) of what is happening please.

7. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

After a glance, your slicer appears to be trying to print starting at line 340, for some reason.

This is the first Error Message, then a few like it follow: "-Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 340 [223.386]"

This is appearing right after the G29 (ABL). I am not seeing a M565 though to set your Z-Offset.

8. Ryan TeGantvoort

<-Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 166 [97.652]

Found another one...this one comes right after homing.

I am going to lean towards slicer software.

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

That would be my first thought, but for kicks did you try repairing the STL before slicing?

Geof likes this.
  10. Ryan TeGantvoort

Very true I just assume everyone tries that first, but now that I think about it probably not. That's the first thing I do in S3D if the model is not mine.

Geof likes this.
  11. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This type of thing:

<-Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 340 [223.386]

<-Resend: 341 [223.386]

Is a communications drop-out/glitch.
    Just an FYI :)

12. Ryan TeGantvoort

LOL! Very true, I was replacing Line with Layer in my head, when I took a glance at it!