1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Not printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Xavi camps, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Xavi camps

Xavi camps New Member

Hello,
    During my last 2 prints, my Robo 3D R1+ stopped printing (the printer was on). When trying to print the same part a third time, the printer does not print after the Z-axis calibration. After the temperature of the extruder and the bed is reached, the calibration starts and on the last point the extruder goes down and stays there.
    On the picture, the temperature of my bed and extruder are shown. On the settings, they are set to 50 and 210 degrees respectively.
    MatterControl informs me that there is a hardware error (shown in the picture).
    Any thoughts of what is going on?

Attached Files:

#1 Xavi camps, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Shut everything off, unplug the USB cable if attached. Plug everything back in and turn the R1 on. Before making another attempt at printing, make sure the fan on the bottom of the printer is spinning. If not this could cause the Arduino to overheat and skip instructions. The Arduino is not as sophisticated as modern PC CPUs and simply drops instruction rather than throttle speed when it overheats.

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

export the entire GCODE terminal and we can see the actual error.
    Once an error is reported Marlin is silly and will not repeat the error, but it will repeat the M999 to remind you that an error DID occur
    (duh).

At a guess the error is actually "Temperature Fell too much during print!" and that is related to a thermistor problem, however you need to track back through the terminal and make sure that is the error.

http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/OPTIONS/G-Code_Terminal

export it to a file and use notepad if you want.

Geof likes this.
  4. Xavi camps

Xavi camps New Member

I have checked the fan and it seems to work fine

5. Xavi camps

Xavi camps New Member

As you mentioned the error is that the temperature fell too much during print. Here is the print log.
    What now?

Attached Files:

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Your thermistor on the hotend is faulty.
    Now it might be a bad wire or connection so check all of them, but if the wires are fine then it is the thermistor itself which is loose in the mount or defective.

Under warranty contact Robo support for a replacement