1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Temperature Reversions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mktacop, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mktacop

mktacop New Member

Greetings to all.

I have 2 Robo R1+ and a custom built D-Bot. All three printers are doing the same thing. When I start a print, they warm to the designated temp like they should, but then they will all revert to another temp. i.e. I print PLA at 200C, but PETG at 245C. I had printed PETG on one printer then switched to PLA and the printer warmed to 200C, then as the autolevel begins, it reverts to 245C.

This type temp changing happens on all three printers and it doesn't matter if I'm printing from a SD card, or with the printer tethered to my computer. One printer always wants to revert to 245C, one to 200C and one to 215C. Both Robos have the XXL screens and the D-bot has a Full Graphic controller screen. I'm using Simplify3D to print.

Can anyone tell me what to do so that the temp doesn't revert to a temp used earlier?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The temp shouldn't be doing that at all. All I can think is S3D is being bonkers or there are some very wierd temps listed on the temp page. Can you upload your .fff so we can take a look? may also want to open a report with S3D directly and include your .fff .

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check your startup GCode block and contact S3D as @Geof suggested and export the processes you are using to control temperatures (all of them if you are using more than one).

Almost sounds like you have something unexpected in the startup code, but it is possible something is wrong with Simplify.

WheresWaldo and Geof like this.
  4. mktacop

mktacop New Member

Thanks gents. Your responses have given me an idea of what the issue is. I THINK I have temps set in the starting script G-code that are different than the temps set in the Temperature Tabs for the filaments I am using (possible Copy-Paste error on my part). I'll verify this when I get home this evening, but your responses gave me the proverbial "light bulb" I was not getting on my own.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea should never have a temp stat set in start up in my opinion. Leave that to the slicer and make sure the "wait for temp to stabalize" box is checked.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Happy to be an electrician today :)

Geof likes this.
  7. mktacop

mktacop New Member

That's what the problem was. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.