1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Front Cover Project

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Frank van Gilluwe, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Frank van Gilluwe

I wanted a front cover to cut down the noise, and possibly reduce curl by having the temperature inside the C2 be a bit more consistent. One of my projects had some curl in the front, but not in the back. I have yet to test if this improves that printing or not.

This cover is magnetically held in place, and lifts out easily. Here are my step-by-step instructions along with all the .stl files to make it.

https://www.faqware.com/3d/robo-c2-front-cover.php

[​IMG]

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Very good and yes it should help keep the draft out which can help with the curling

3. Frank van Gilluwe

Made my first large-ish print (3" diameter) with the cover in place and still getting some front curling/lift on the raft. Looks like it's not the total solution for curling. Still makes it quieter, so the cover is still useful.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. Frank van Gilluwe

Ok, solved my raft curling issue - really simple as stated in the manual!

In Cura, Custom, Cooling, click on Settings icon (the gear). Enable "Fan Speed" and Close. Change the fan speed from "75" to "30". Works like a charm! Not sure why it isn't the default.

I did use the cover, so I can't say if I would have got some curling without the cover. I suspect it makes no difference.