1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Need some help with MINTEMP error.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by blykins, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blykins

blykins New Member

A month or so ago, I came into work one morning and found that my part that had been printing for 12-13 hours had completely come loose from the bed. I then noticed that I had zero heat to the bed.

Took the bed off, had some faulty pogo pins, so Robo sent me a new board under warranty.

Installed new board, started back into a print, and the print failed about half way through, due to a communication error. HEATER_ID:0.

Robo sent me a new thermistor for the hot end. I installed it and got the same error.

Robo then sent me a whole new hot end. I then installed it and again got the same error.

As of right now, I can turn the printer on and the extruder temp reads 1.9°/0. Bed temp reads 67°/0. The bed is cold.

When I try to increase the bed temp manually, it doesn't give me an error, but the temperature doesn't move one way or the other.

When I try to increase the extruder temperature, it immediately gives me a MINTEMP error. HEATER_ID:0. Connection interrupted.

I have looked over all the connections multiple times. I see no broken wires, no loose cables, etc. It takes Robo tech support ages to respond to me and when I call their tech line, I'm on hold, and then the phone connection drops out. I found Braydon's email address on an Amazon review, so I've been emailing him back and forth, but I'm getting rather frustrated. This isn't a personal toy, but a business 3D printer that we use for R&D work. I've been without a printer for about 3 weeks now.

In the meantime, if anyone can lend a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there. Have you checked all the connections? Where the thermistor attaches on the carriage, the connection on the main board in the bottom, and the wiring itself? 1.9 is odd and sort of sounds like a faulty thermistor but! if you have a multimeter we can dive in and check the thermistor and work out way backwards to the board.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Both temperatures are abnormal if everything is at room temperatures (mid-20'c Celsius is normal). So either both thermistors have an issue or something in common does. You need to get back in touch with Robo and schedule a 1-on-1 with 2nd tier support. Something else is likely wrong.

I am not the 'R2 guy' so it is possible something around the bed thermistor/pogo pins has caused this, but I wouldn't think that to be the case.

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Indeed. It does seem odd. The bed always seems to read a bit wonky but not like that (at least on mine) the hotend is just odd, expecially after swapping hotends and thermistors. If the components all check out ok, I'd be a bit more tempted to suspect the mainboard but! thats after alot more diagnosis.

5. blykins

blykins New Member

"I will talk to my engineering team this morning when they get in and get back to you shortly."

That was from Braydon, last Thursday morning. No reply as of yet.

Geof likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Contact via phone and inform them youve been left hanging and need this resolved. Tier 2 support.

7. blykins

blykins New Member

I'm about through with communication. I have called multiple times and the line is disconnected while on hold.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to hear that. I'll email my contact at robo and direct them to your thread

9. blykins

blykins New Member

Much thanks. I would have been more persistent with getting hold of tech support, but I thought I was in Tier 2 hands while emailing Braydon back and forth.

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

No, Braydon is not support at all -- management :) Not the most certain way to get help (attention -- sure, help? Maybe not so much).

Geof likes this.
  11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Absolutely. Email sent. Hopefully someone will be in touch soon. I still suggest reaching out again ... I know, shouldn't have to, but... Well gotta do what ya gotta do :)

12. Dan

Dan Legendary
    Staff Member

Hey there!
    Dan to the rescue ;) I will take care of you bud. Can you give me your contact info? I will give you a call!

13. Dan

Dan Legendary
    Staff Member

Hey Geof, I am not sure who you contacted, but in the future if you need anything, reach out to me buddy. That will avoid your message having to be passed around just to get over to me ;)

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds great,
    Thanks Dan !

@blykins good luck and keep us posted on the solution please

15. blykins

blykins New Member

Dan, xxx-xxx-xxxx.....just ask for Brent

Mod comment - Please do not post real life information in public posts if it is not your own.

#15 blykins, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  16. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Use private messages/conversations for personal information.

Geof likes this.
  17. blykins

blykins New Member

It's a business. Our information is posted all over the internet anyway.

Geof likes this.
  18. blykins

blykins New Member

Just to clarify here: Dan from Robo asked for MY contact information. I posted MY phone number, which is a business phone number, publicly listed all over the internet. I think there was a little confusion there.

Geof likes this.
  19. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Still best done via a PM (but not a huge deal)

Geof likes this.
  20. blykins

blykins New Member

Bad main board. Got in touch with Dan and he helped me eliminate possibilities over the phone. Robo sent me a new board, a new extruder to be safe, and even a free roll of filament.

On my second test print now, looks like everything is going to be ok.

Dan, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.