1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo 3d beta

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by rileyAR15, Sep 3, 2018.

1. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

will i have some time to work on my kickstart printer was wondering if anyone here still has one. I have not used it since 2014 so i do have another printer that i was going to use to upgrade and get the printer up and running. I did look in the archives but dont look like many old post are around anymore. So if anyone here can give me ideas would be great. I do remember i had a heated bed problem with my beta printer will need to fix that also. Any help would be appreciated.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have two and there are still a number of threads on these printers. :)
    Details of your issues will help.

Geof likes this.
  3. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

Think the biggest issue i had was the ramps for the heated bed. I did buy a solid state relay back in 2014 that was a fix for that just have to find that. Im going to replace the hot end i have a ed3 somewhere that i bought back in 2014 also.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So you want a new RAMPS or a new SSR?

There is a thread on that. :)

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/e3d-v6-information-and-installation-guide.17598/

While it is targeted for R1 (not the kickstarter Beta) it is really almost all the same. Only thing really different is the change to the firmware -- you must use the beta firmware as your starting point, not the R1 or R1+ versions

#4 mark tomlinson, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  5. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

If i remember right the SSR fixed the problem of the heated bed shutting off on the kickstart printer in the middle of the print. I know they also made a fan bracket to keep the ramps cool. I also have a RepRap Champion Metal J-Head V6 Hot End i want to install ii can remember if i have to print out a new assembly for that of not. Its been almost 5 years since i even touched the Robo printer.

6. rileyAR15

rileyAR15 New Member

I just found another hotend this one i bought from the guys at Robo 3d store.