1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

BuildTak Flexplate?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by EvilDrReef, Dec 5, 2022.

1. EvilDrReef

EvilDrReef New Member

Hi everyone!

I got a BuildTak Flexplate for my R2 a long time ago, and I really like it. Not only is adhesion no longer an issue basically ever, but the Flexplate makes it super easy to pop parts off of the bed.

I discovered that Partsbuilt also sells a Flexplate system for the R1+ awhile ago. I believe it's actually a more generic "one size fits all" plate, but that doesn't bother me.

The problem is, I've never been able to find any reviews or videos for this product. I was able to find one post on here that stated that their auto leveling got thrown for a loop, and plenty of posts about making sure to set the nozzle to heat up AFTER leveling. But the bulk of the posts I've found that are related are talking about sticking a BuildTak sheet right onto the bed, I believe.

Does anyone have any idea if a) this system is any good for the R1+, and b) if it's as straightforward to install/use as the one for the R2?

Thank you all so much for your help!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Never tried it on the Robo machines, but feel free to ping partsbuilt (on their website) and ask them for details. They are quite responsive and good to do business with.

3. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

All flexplate stuff I got from Partsbuilt was genuine flexplate not generic