1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Can't change out material in my Robo 3D R1 plus printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stevie d, Feb 15, 2016.

1. stevie d

stevie d New Member

Hello fellow 3D technicians. I have had a great run of parts but I now have my first issue. I inadvertently had the printer running a bed of parts and the material spool ran out of material. It was printing over night and I didn't think much of it until I went to replace the material and I found that I could neither get the remaining piece of material out, nor could I push it through a hot nozzle with a new piece of filament. I am preparing to take the print head apart to see what I can do. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Steve

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have a specific question ? Or just wanting a run through of what to do? If is a jam just use the search function and you'll see a lot of good info. If you have an issue please supply a picture and explain what's going on and we can better direct you.

If it's just a jam I release the hot end by using the slide out tab, with the hot end on the bed heat to 190 using a wrench to hole the cold end and pull and push gently on the filament and it typically comes out, if this works please remember to season the hotend. It has saved me a lot of issues :)

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you open the feed to the hotend (remove the two spring loaded scews) and still can't reach the stub of filament to pull it out (with the hotend hot) then you might want to remove the brass nozzle and pull it out the other end*.

I can't see how opening the feed wouldn't work though because once the filament is past the hobbed bolt there is no way to 'push' it through so it stops feeding.

*Which also need to be done hot (at least loosening the nozzle) so that is more of a pain.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

I have removed the screws (feeder) heated it up and used a straighten out paper clip to push the rest out. Worked for me.