1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Compatible nozzles?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jes, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Jes

Jes New Member

Hi

I received my R1+ (the led model) a few weeks ago. Trying to print Wood PLA from Gizmo Dorks I pretty much immediately ended up with nozzle jam which came back again after I switched to ABS printing after a few prints. Think I managed to clear it, but I would like to keep spares in stock just in case.

Being fairly new to the R1 printer, I looked on Amazon but it's not quite clear which ones I can use? Do I order the E3D v6 nozzles? Can/should I use one with a larger hole for Wood PLA, like 0.6mm?

What about nozzle material, copper/brass/steel?

Would it be worth having a static topic on what replacement pieces are compatible with which printer models either in the forum or the FAQ?

Thanks,
    Jes

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes (to both).

Harden steel (not stainless) will wear a lot less, other than that there is not enough real difference to matter.

FAQ is being worked. There is a replacement parts thread already :
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/robo3d-replacements-and-upgrades-thread.6677/

Home_user likes this.
  3. Jes

Jes New Member

Sorry for being dense here:

Just to be sure I got it 100% right, I already have the E3D with the model of printer that I have, so it's just the nozzles that I need to order?

Thanks a lot!
    Jes

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

No you have a hexagon hotend but the e3d nozzles work on the hexagon :)

mark tomlinson likes this.