1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

trying to sell r1 market flooded with r1 plus

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by B Nason, Nov 15, 2016.

1. B Nason

B Nason New Member

I think r1 units are being sold as r1 plus because even on ebay there is only an occasional r1. There are tons or r1 plusses being advertized everywhere???? Any feedback.. Also is there an upgrade that will allow mine to be marketed as an r1 plus?
    Signed "Left holding the bag"

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You would need to add the leadscrew upgrade then it is the equivalent of the R1+
    Otherwise, it is not sadly.

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

That is the life of technology though. The worth of what you have goes down when the next versions come out. Now that the C2 is coming at the end of this month and the R2 later this year or beginning of next, the R1+ will be going cheap. There are a few more things different, but Mark is correct that the new leadscrews are the biggest difference. The RAMPS board is customize on the R1+ and most folks revert back to the standard RAMPS because of issues with it, so that isn't a big win. A quick release plate is on the R1+ for the hotend, but you can print one of those easily. Why are you looking to get rid of your R1?

4. B Nason

B Nason New Member

5. B Nason

B Nason New Member

Awesome I had done the lead screw update no my add reads ROBO3D R1 PLUS and I have a chance at selling it. thx again

6. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Until someone calls you on it. Just be honest and say it is an R1 with the R1+ upgrades. Hate to see the buyer come back at you because it wasn't a true R1+.

Geof likes this.