Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by aznhlfan, May 19, 2017.
I finally figured out my problem, after months of trying what i thought was everything. It was actually super simple. I was having an under extrusion problem that after trying multiple things, figured it had to be in the firmware. When i upgraded the firmware in both my machines, I started having this issue of underextrusion. So i tried turning the temp on the nozzle down, but not up. So I turned it up to 230, higher than I normally do and it printed perfect. Smoothas glass bottom, water tight, and even the lettering was perfect as it had been before the firmware upgrade. So i did some digging on the net, asked a 3D guy I know, and found the problem. According to him, that probably means that the thermister value in the firmware is wrong. I never changed it when i upgrade, but the new firmware must have been written a little wrong. Because it happen to both my printers immediately after the upgrade. Both printers are Robo R1+'s by the way and i upgraded from v1 firmware to v2 that was listed on the Robo website.
Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
I can verify both firmwares on the R1+ are correct for the stock thermistors. If you have upgraded to an E3DV6 then you should have changed the thermistor type or if you got a fully assembled hexagon or other variety from somewhere you likely could have the wrong value BUT the firmware listed is correct . I've used and modified both along my R1+ travels