1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved 3 WEEK OLD Y RODS WORN OUT???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jonnyb44, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

I have replace the bearings for the Y axis made no difference still getting a bunch of ringing.. I can actually see the bed shift when the y axis changes direction so i made a video of bed movement..

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I just see you moving the bed. Do you have a video of it doing the shifting while printing? Mine has some play up and down when I poke at it as well. As long as you don't see it wobbling while printing...it should be ok. And I am sure you have already tightened down the pillow blocks. So not sure.

3. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Yes it moves around when printing not to that extreme but still moves. i was getting awesome prints now every print has ringing thats why i replaced bearings but it made no change thats why i am thinking rods and yes i checked the blocks belt tension you name it i checked it!!! I tried to take a video when its printing but it doesnt show in the video

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "ringing"? Because most of the issues I'm thinking about that have been described that way were solved by turning up the power that the stepper motors get so that they can stop the bed at the end of a high-velocity movement.

5. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

[​IMG]. Thumb is bottom of print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. danzca6

what print speed are you using?

Edit: Actually what is the temps, material, and software you are using as well?

7. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

I've gone as low as 30mm That's actually what that block is printed at

8. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Hatchbox Pla 210 cura. I have been using all along this just started happening. One print was fine the next ringing after every corner

9. danzca6

That seems right. I print my hatchbox pla at 200, but 10C isn't going to give you that much of a difference.

So was your decision to replace the bearings from talking to Robo about the issue, or was that just something you wanted to try? Asking, because I was wondering if you have been already working with Robo on this issue. Have you changed anything else around the time this started to happen? Reflashing firmware or anything?

10. danzca6

on the picture, what side is the ringing on? Was it on the X axis sides or the Y axis sides? Is it on all sides, just one, two sides?

11. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

All four sides pic was right side

12. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

I have changed the firmware trying to correct the issue but none before it was working perfectly. I just figured I'd try the bearings. I was getting some squeaking from the bearings as well

13. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

I actually just bought a caliper so I can measure the rod diameter it looks and feels rough and scored so I figured I'd check it

14. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Sooo i put in a parts request for the rods no questions asked they just sent them hummmmm

15. danzca6

well, that is good. Be sure to test them for being straight and not marked up. I ordered some rods from them awhile back and it took 3 shipments to get it right. First were bent, second were marked up bad, but the third was just right.

16. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Under warranty they are not normally going to argue :) They will just ship replacement parts.

17. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Well I already put a request in for the fans because well listen to the video OMG loud. I went back and forth with the guy for a week before he finally shipped them

18. danzca6

fans are just loud unless you invest in better ones like this brand. http://amzn.com/B009NQLT0M. The 25mm on the hotend is just loud. you can update that to a 30mm, but not going to get a huge difference. A lot of fan noise is from the PSU. Something like this, http://amzn.com/B007K2H0GI, will only ramp up the fan as needed instead of full bore all the time.

19. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I buy 8mm polished rod from fastenal or McMaster-Carr super cheap and cut to my need. It takes the guessing and downtime out of the equation. I think my last 12 ft piece (used for tons of stuff on my end) was under 30.00. Pretty sure it was under 20 but can't recall exact price :)

20. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

It's moaning when starting up bearings are shot