1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

3D Printed Nerf Gun Prototype

Discussion in 'Projects' started by 1nxtmonster, Nov 30, 2014.

1. 1nxtmonster

1nxtmonster Active Member

A 3d printed nerf gun. It is very powerful, much more than a normal nerf gun. I drew up the parts in CAD and printed it out in green PLA. The only parts that aren't printed are the PVC, the O-rings, and 2 hose clamps. I hope to edit the design so that there is no need for the hose clamps, but for now they are there so I can take it apart if needed.

20141130_115456.jpg

The trigger mechanism is my favorite part. The trigger moves a linkage in a slot in the gun so that the force on the linkage from the piston doesn't move the trigger. A rubber band keeps the trigger pulled forwards so that when you pull back the piston it will catch the piston by itself.

20141130_115501.jpg

And a picture of it primed and ready to fire:

20141130_115610.jpg

Finally, there is a video showing all of the components and a firing test:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That's super fun man. Great idea.

I wonder if we can refine the design to use more 3d printed parts. Hard to justify with the dirt cheap cost of pvc, but maybe we could eliminate the pipe clamps

3 people like this.
  3. 1nxtmonster

Perhaps a lip on the rear of the gun to keep the PVC from sliding back, and a clip that is friction fit over the brown PVC to secure it to the handle?

4. 1nxtmonster