1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved a few things i can't figure out, pic attached

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by krzydmnd, Apr 10, 2015.

1. krzydmnd

krzydmnd New Member

so I just got this printer a few weeks ago and have had very few successful print jobs complete. I recently replaced the linear X bearings and that seems to have solved my drag issues, but now I'm experiencing gaps in the PLA spread since switching over to while PLA vs the sample Blue i got w/ the printer. The White also seems to lift off easier, especially when the printer lays the support material. Here is an example of a print that started well enough, but failed as soon as the thinner support started laying. You can also see the gaps in the lay lines that i didn't notice in the blue material. I seem to have more than one issue, and I'm not sure where to start to solve them all, i.e. Temperature adjustment for the new PLA? Y or X axis adjustments for the gap between lines issue? etc...

i'm using Aqua Net extra hold spray on the bed. My temps are 210 and 50. I'm printing on all default settings using Matter Control.

any suggestions on where to start getting this dialed in? i dont want to make the wrong adjustments and make my issues worse, making it even harder to get dialed in. Thanks in advance for any advice for a new user!

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Looks like you're too far off the build place. Reduce your Z offset

3. Wikid

Wikid Member

Looks like you need to get the nozzle closer to the bed for the first layer that will help with adhesion, the nozzle should be squishing on the extrusions slightly pressing them to the bed. I also had the same problem with support staying on the bed you can either print a brim that goes out to the support or a raft. If lowering the nozzle closer to the bed doesn't make it seem like it was the same as before, you may need to calibrate your extruder as well; especially if it's a new machine and you haven't done it it wouldn't hurt.

What slicer are you using, MatterControl I'm guessing?

Wikid

4. krzydmnd

krzydmnd New Member

yes, Matter Control Slicer. starting w/ the Z offset, what increments should i start with? i dont want to jack this thing up and have it punch through the glass lol~

currently Z= 0.00

#4 krzydmnd, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  5. Wikid

Wikid Member

Start with Z-1.0, and adjust towards 0. Right now mine is at -0.48 but is different for everyone. it wont punch through the glass the head will just rest on it. The nuts are not affixed to the carriage they just support it. That is how the auto leveling works it will contact the bed and the Z nuts will keep going down till the micro switches open.

Wikid

krzydmnd and mark tomlinson like this.