1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

A Question on Replacing the Taurino Board

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cybus, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybus

Cybus Member

I need to replace the Taurino board in my printer because of USB communication issues. I have conclusively determined that the board is in fact the source of the problem.

My question: to install a new Taurino board, do you simply unscrew the board assembly from the printer case, remove the RAMPS 1.4 board from the Taurino Mega 2560 board, plug in a new Taurino board and load the firmware onto it? That would seem to be the case based on what I've been able to find out, but I want to be sure before I start taking apart the electronics of my printer, especially given that my soldering skills are mediocre at best.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yes that's correct, though you can probably flash the new board before disassembling the old one

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Indeed, it should be that simple.

4. Cybus

Cybus Member

OK, great! Hopefully I should have my printer up and running again soon.
    Thanks guys!

5. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Mike - thanks for the great tip on flashing the board independent of the ROBO. I was able to finally trouble shoot my Big Mess and discover the two problems leading to my recent printer failure. Now to, uh, wait for parts...again...
    Cheers!
    Dean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.