1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved After E3D v6 hotend upgrade cant get clean print , Help !

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robotron, May 7, 2016.

1. Robotron

Robotron New Member

Hello !

I have a Robo 3d R1 with 8mm thread rodes and E3D v6 hotend upgrade. I cant seem to get any clean prints with this E3D v6 hotend, i don't know what to do. I try printing with Cura / MatterControl and gcode on the SD card. Still no luck. Even check out this document that @mark tomlinson posted to see if i could trouble shoot the problem https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/#print-not-sticking-to-the-bed. I been working at this for the last three days i think its time for me to post and see if someone may know what the problem may be !

my Z offset is set to 1.1 mm

my configuration.h line is set to the following

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,2267.72,723.38}

I changed the value 2267.72 a few times to see if this would correct the problem my results for each change can be found in the images i wrote the number i changed it to on a sticky and placed it next to the print to show the results.
    Some of the little objects print OK like the mini key chain and the X Y test box , once i try and print a model or something larger it seems to get all out of wack. It just not print right. Maybe someone has a solution ! ;(

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Most of your prints are showing horizontal 'slop' (either X or Y) which looks like either a loose belt or a loose drive cog.
    Make sure those are secure.
    Calibrate the extruder.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Is the e3d securely held or if you grab and wiggle does it move ?

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Very good point. If the extruder moves it will look like that as well. Make sure everything is tight.

5. Robotron

Robotron New Member

my left rod was warped that caused the shaking on the printer. Also found that my fan was not spinning to cool the Mega. I had a brush less fan that was super quite i could never hear it on, I should have always check it tho. I replaced the fan with the stock fan that came with the printer and did the lead screw upgrade. Printer is up and running.

Geof likes this.