1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Alignment issue or am I just paranoid?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jason Hough, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Hough

Jason Hough New Member

I went to use my printer today and happened to notice that the crossbar (sorry don't know the technical name) looks askew from the print bed (appears to be higher on the left than the right). I feel like they were parallel when it was new? Or am I paranoid and this is how it's supposed to be? And if this is indeed wrong, how do I correct it?

[​IMG]

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

picture didn't upload

3. Jason Hough

Jason Hough New Member

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yea looks like the left (if looking at Robo lettering) is skewed off the microswitch. Might want to get that fixed before you try another print. If you can take a picture of that skewed side I could tell you if its the switch out of place or if its the z rods being out of time with eachother. Is that a R1 or R1+?

5. Jason Hough

Jason Hough New Member

It's an R1+. Sorry for my lack of knowledge here, which part is the microswitch?

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

its on the z threaded rods. Its a tiny little switch with 2 wires going to it that the x axis (Cross bar) rests on. There is one on each rod.

7. Jason Hough

Jason Hough New Member

Ah yeah. This is telling for sure. Here's both the left and right side:

http://imgur.com/a/r8q8G

Any tips on how to fix/adjust would be appreciated.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

yep ! Thats the problem. Those switches probe your z home. It would crash :D. You want to spin that rod the plastic piece that is sticking up from where the switch mounts you'll need to gently push out of the way until the switch and upper portion of that nut go into their hole in the x axis (crossbeam). It takes some fiddling but you'll be able to do it.

When thats done you'll want to home and level the x axis to the y axis. You do this by raising z until a piece of paper just fits under the nozzle and the bed (you'll feel a little bit of drag). Then move the carriage to the left side and adjust until that paper just barely feels drag. Then the right side do the same. You'll want to turn the rods by hand to raise the z and adjust for the paper. so the side your adjusting you will turn that screw while holding the other screw in place so they dont try to move together. Does this make sense?

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

With the power off, manually move the hotend/Extruder to the middle of the Z Axis
    Giggle the two rails on the left side so that the X axis bracket will slide down
    Make sure the brass hex screw that the switch is attached to goes into the corresponding hole in the bottom of the X axis bracket.

You should be good to go then.

Jason Hough and Geof like this.
  10. Jason Hough

Jason Hough New Member

Okay, I think I got it to moved to the right spot, thanks. I will run a test print to make sure before I mark this solved.

#10 Jason Hough, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  11. Jason Hough

Jason Hough New Member

Thanks everyone, that seems to have done the trick!

Geof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.