1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Another Problem and Poor Quality

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BAINES1986, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The lack of temp graph, complexity of finding the terminal, removing the ability to hide temp calls from terminal, keeping error messages hidden from the user, allowing the print head to go negative, copying repetier-hosts source code then modifying it into a crashy mess, only recent dual extrusion support, and lack of connectivity on OSX (then denying this) are all reasons I dislike MatterControl

There's probably more, but it's just not a good software

2 people like this.
  2. BAINES1986

BAINES1986 New Member

Hi All,

Just a heads up that this is still unresolved. (Heating up to ~46 and then cooling, poor print quality etc).

I had a support call scheduled with Brian which he didn't turn up for even after e-mail three times. So I've launched off a fourth direct mail (seventh altogether I think) to Robo 3D Support (and Braydon) about the issues with expectations and resulting actions

Hopefully I get a call and it sorted otherwise the Robo 3D is as good as confined to the bin!

Shockingly bad customer service which I have heard is not uncommon

Stephen

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try another tech appt. too. (can't hurt to try and schedule another 1-on-1). They were at CES for a week which undoubtedly put them in silent mode for at least a while.

Opinion wise: The bed is probably the RAMPS channel that drives the heated bed failing or overheating (or both). So that really needs a replacement part. The print quality... too many variables to guess, but likely primarily around the first layer height. Could be related to heated bed if using ABS or could be related to another RAMPS issue that has not been identified.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Did you ever check to make sure the thermistor was pressed against the bed.

Schedule a 1 on 1 and use the live chat function as well. Emailing 4 times won't help get a response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.