1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone want to trade new PLA for ABS rolls?

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by Invertmast, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

I've got two new rolls of ABS (unopened, still in the original sealed box) of Blue and white ABS as it came from ROBO.. I've decided to use PLA more than ABS, so if anyone has two new rolls of PLA (white/silver/black preferred, but im not picky) that they would like to trade, let me know and i'll Front shipping for both!

Thomas

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I am in the same boat finding printing in ABS is more a kind of a tinkering thing now. Most of my prints are in PLA or other less troublesome filament but I still have some floating around as well if you get a taker let me know please

3. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

yea thats my problem the ABS specs are better for what most of my prints, the fact I can't get the stuff to quit warping on my parts (which are very large) completely Negates the advantages over PLA..

I'll pay shipping both way's for anyone interested in trading..

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good luck guys. I have a few rolls here myself I have not touched since going with the other stuff (PET, CF, Nylon, etc.)
    I was getting really good results with small ABS parts, but now I just don't bother. Larger or flatter parts were a mess.

The specs on some of the alternatives are close or even better for somethings. Heck I would probably consider donating the ABS if someone wants to cover shipping. I would have to go look and see how much I have and what colors (I know I had some black). I haven't looked at it in many months.

5. Doug1

Doug1 New Member

Throw em up on Ebay. Someone will buy em and pay for shipping.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea :)

Effort required there is > zero.
    They are not annoying me that badly yet, unlike @Printed Solid I do not have a metric butt-ton sitting around.

7. Doug1

Doug1 New Member

I know I am about to kick ABS to the curb. It seems like a lot more trouble than it is worth. Especially, when other materials seem easier to work with less warping.

8. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

Ill email the roboguys about a return and swap before id put them on ebay