1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Arduino Firmware Update kills Robo3d

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BRockRobo, Jun 15, 2015.

1. BRockRobo

BRockRobo New Member

After updating latest MatterControl version and attempting to update firmware per instructions posted here http://guide.robo3d.com/Wiki/ROBO_3D_Firmware_Release_Notes , the robo has lost communication with computer. I've made several attempts to upload robo and marlin sketches and keep receiving error messages.
    The first error message said there were conflicting folders "src" and "utility" so I deleted the utility folder and then received another error.

Here's the last few lines of a very long error message:

ROBO3DR1V3_06112015\temperature.cpp.o: In function `analog2tempBed':
    C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ROBO3DR1V3_06112015/temperature.cpp:167: multiple definition of `unscalePID_d(float)'
    temperature.cpp.o:C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\build1804032631275659461.tmp/temperature.cpp:175: first defined here
    ROBO3DR1V3_06112015\temperature.cpp.o: In function `analog2tempBed':
    C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ROBO3DR1V3_06112015/temperature.cpp:167: multiple definition of `Kc'
    temperature.cpp.o:C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\build1804032631275659461.tmp/temperature.cpp:175: first defined here
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Error compiling.

#1 BRockRobo, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Marquis Johnson

Marquis Johnson Active Member

This looks like a failed compile. So, this has not been uploaded to the printer yet. Can you still use the printer in the slicer?

3. BRockRobo

BRockRobo New Member

Correct. I cannot load any sketches to the printer and I don't know how to use the printer in slicer mode....

4. Marquis Johnson

You do not see the printer in the MatterControl interface?

5. BRockRobo

BRockRobo New Member

MatterControl has the printer listed but says "unable to communicate with printer" after installing drivers.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What is the board called in the device manager? Update the driver and tell it to use the Arduino > Mega 2560 driver

7. BRockRobo

BRockRobo New Member

Loaded the Mega 2560 driver using device manager. The problem started after attempting to update arduino firmware. Every sketch upload fails for one reason or another. Tech support says to move the Marlin.ino file to the Arduino folder, which I attempted to do but then I got an error message saying it needed to be in the arduino folder, so I moved the file and I'm still getting compile error message.

8. Marquis Johnson

Making sure I'm following.

1. The Marlin.ini is in the Marlin folder with all of its subsequent files. (configuration.h and such)
    2. Under Tools > Board > Arduino Mega 2560 is selected.
    3. Under Tools > Port > Your COM port is selected for the printer.

And when you press upload you get an error?

John Burgardt likes this.
  9. BRockRobo

BRockRobo New Member

Yesterday, I only moved the Marlin.ini file without the rest of the folder. This morning I moved the entire folder over and it uploaded without a problem. Communication with printer has been re-established. Thank you for all of your help, Marquis! I follow you on youtube :)

Have a great day,
    Christina

10. BRockRobo

BRockRobo New Member

Thanks for all of your help, Mike. Solved the issue this morning by moving the entire Marlin folder over to the Arduino folder.
    Have a fantastic day!
    Christina