1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Auto bed leveling jams bead into print nozzle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jose M Garcia-Prieto, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Jose M Garcia-Prieto

My bead starts the auto leveling process but half way thru it jams the bead into the print nozzle and keeps trying to move the bead up. Only way to stop it is to turn off the printer. I've reached out to Robo tech support via e-mail but have only gotten an automatic response sending me to their help page. If my problem was a bad IR sensor wouldn't the problem occur at the beginning of the leveling process.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it was completely failed, yes that is likely. If it is partially working ... no.
    Hard to say from just those symptoms if it is the sensor or not, but that is certainly the first place to look.
    If you have any experience manually leveling a bed you can take that approach and just not use autoleveling until Robo sorts it out.
    How painful that is rather depends on how close to level your bed already is.

New to printing and under warranty I would say wait for Robo to respond and go ahead and schedule a tier 2 technician appointment.