1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Auto level on R1, different with different slicers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by robert sanchez, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

robo3d-r1 (latest software of matter control, high resolution, PLA)
    2" wide blue painter tape ontop of heated glass (50C), PLA hot end 210C
    Ok, I made a mistake and made 2 changes at once.

I've been printing with red from Robo3D and it stuck like I was going to have to hammer it right off , using the default slicer, but everythign looked good.
    I then switched to black from Roob3D using the Cura slicer and it started tearing up my tape. So I went through the homing process and now its as though it is a bit too high and has issue sticking, I had to run a part 3 times to get it to start right. I plan on re-calibrating the z, thinking it may be just a hair off.

1) So has any one noticed this change in auto leveling with the different slicers?
    2) Has any one noticed you need need a hotter hat end for various colors? I'm wondering if the pigments are shifting the melting temps.

Thank you in advance. I've only been running for a week, and am on my 10th part.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have noticed that potentially every spool of every filament has a different sweet spot for printing*.
    Usually not a wildly different range, but certainly different. More over, this can change as the spool ages (probably due to moisture absorption).
    Test each spool.

*not new, I have said this a lot

3. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

Thank you for the quick response. I'll test out hotter temperatures and keep the spools in a ziplock bag with desecant when not in use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.