1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Autolevel no worky.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mike Glass, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Seems that my autolevel no longer is working, one side of my print is off by .2mm on the x axis, I cannot for the life of me get it level, I have done it manually as some had suggested, should I remove autolevel from my code. Is it possible the glass has warped, if that is the case shouldn't the autolevel adjust.

2. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

So what is happening? Is it no longer tapping the bed and just going for the print or does it not seem to be the correct height after its levelled?

3. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Goes through the auto-level sequence, just not laying down a level print, I have autolevel turned off in mattercontrol, in cura it does the same thing, I had this thing perfect before, if I manually adjust the z-rods when its laying a skirt then I can get it close, but should have to do that should I?

4. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

no you shouldn't have to manualy do it. Could you check it it may be something wrong with the acctual g-code. Can you try to print the beginning of a print which you know worked before? so a old calibration shape that you remember having the auto level work?

5. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I think I manually did of from the start, I was cleaning it out and must of moved one of the screw rods, but that should not effect as autolevel should take place, well at least that's what I understand it should do. All I am printing is just the calibration circle with 3 skirts and stop it before it prints the calibration circle, all I want to do is measure the skirts.

6. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

What are you auto level readings?

7. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

where can I see that in cura?

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You need to enable the PronterfaceUI in the settings to see the G29 response codes.

You did the piece of paper measuring to level the X axis across the bed? Both your switches are plugged in correctly?

9. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Yea did the paper measuring, my original z offset is also the same, so not sure what to think, other than when the glass heats up its throwing it off?

curaui.jpg

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Might be worth adjusting your offset and going from there.

11. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

offset is fine on one side, right side it looks like a string almost compared to a flat line on the other side. It is like it looses the settings that I set manually, and autolevel screws and autolevel screws it up. I did noticed if I pulled up and down on the bed it did have some flex so not sure if that is normal?

12. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Meh try reducing it.

Not sure what you mean by bed flex. Does your bed connect with 3 or 4 magnets?

13. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

When grabbing on both ends of the bed there seems to some wiggle up and down, not much just not sure if I have a bad bearing maybe, it has 4 magnets.

14. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Uh could be loose screws or something. I'd need to see a video since I don't really know what you mean.

If it's like a pitch/roll then that's normal.

15. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Just make sure all of the magnets are seated correctly.
    I had one slightly unseated once which really threw a monkey wrench in things.

16. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

When printer it goes through and does the calibration, then I have it do 3 skirts, I manually adjust the screw rod on the right side to get a nice flow and all seems to work fine, but shouldn't autolevel take care of this, I have clean glass, no build up. I have also included my last print, does it look fine or am I asking too much, it was done at .2 but was in the middle of the bed, dime to show scale. If I had a warped bed do you think autolevel would screw up? I noticed it is lower in the middle then the two sides.
    Thanks guys for the help really appreciate it, I will be buying another machine soon, not sure if another robo R1 will be up to my expectations or not. I do enjoy all the learning that I have gone through about 3d printing in the last 3 weeks.
    2015-01-18 15.34.08.jpg

17. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I would need to see an example of your first layer as well

I don't really think your glass is warped. That's pretty hard to do with 4mm thick glass

Placing it face down on a flat surface would tell you if its warped.

Also did you ever verify both your z end stop switches are plugged in?

18. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You have the Z rippple effect going on. I know @Ziggy had an entire thread on this. You might want to look at his fixes to eliminate that.

19. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I could not find anything on ziggy thread about the z ripple, I did however get this level, I took the whole thing apart and tightened every screw, there were at least half that were loose, I also added the smooth bar caps. Now it is dead on, but I did notice that the smooth bars at least on the right side was kinda irregular, ran my finger down it and just felt wavy, wonder if that could be my problem with the ripple, there seems to be a tiny slack between the bearings and smooth bar.

20. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Well I thought I had it figured out, I ran the X/Y axis calibration square and still on the right side it is way to high, unless I manually adjust it after starting a print. I tried both MatterControll and Cura, with the same effect. It is more noticeable at .1 than it is at .2 layer height. So frustrating.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.