1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Axis Calibration

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jccbsl, Mar 31, 2019.

1. jccbsl

jccbsl New Member

I have two R1+ printers, one that was purchased used a couple of years ago and the other new when Robo had a sale a while back. When I send a file that was sliced in S3D to the new printer, the print is relatively centered in the new printer's bed. The same file sent to the old printer is off on the X and Y axes about 5/8" of an inch.

How do I adjust the settings on the Robo to allow me to obtain the same print location no matter which printer I use?

Both printers are controlled using Octoprint, but I assume these adjustments would need to be made elsewhere - maybe on the Arduino's firmware?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

How are you measuring "off" are they the some position from X/Y zero or are they off from that?
    Sounds like home is slightly different, but that wouldn't matter if the extents are still the same.
    Just don't make the mistake of trying to use the graphics on the bed as any sort of reference point.
    THEY ARE MEANINGLESS. Ignore them

3. jccbsl

jccbsl New Member

I am measuring based on the bed graphics. I assumed they show the borders of the heater and I want to make sure a print doesn't extend beyond that boundary.

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Bed graphics are for decorative purposes only, and have no relationship to where the actual print area is. The Print area is determined by the physical endstops on the printer X0, Y0, Z0 and both the physical limits of movement and how it is set up in the slicer.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yup! And how those "graphics" line up to the endstops is .... pot luck ;)