1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Bed levelling - the saga continues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by David Lockwood, Jul 18, 2016.

1. David Lockwood

Well, I finally got the correct firmware installed with the correct PID numbers but then the thermistor came loose. Once I finally figured that out (Sanity Check is implemented in the Robo3D R1 + for those interested) and squared it around and did the PID Autotest again and input the correct numbers so my heater core decided that 200 degrees C was to much for it and wouldn't go past 190. So, I replaced it. Figuring I was home free I did a G28 and then a G29 and the G29 solicited the strangest reaction. The first point it does the double dip, the second point it does a single dip, the third point it goes up about 10-15 mm. The same with the entire middle row. The back row it returns to the proper routine. I've checked the level of the X axis and the endstops, no joy there. I'm stumped. Could it be something going caddywumpus in the firmware?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No. This behavior is always hardware. It is one of the Z axis switches triggering incorrectly. Either it is out of position (even slightly) or the wiring is hosed. Both switches should be positioned correctly and at close to the same position and height where they are mounted to the crossbar.

When doing the auto-leveling 'dance' if one of the switches mistriggers (falsly reports 'home' because it is triggered) then the Z will go up (it thinks it is on the bed so it raises the bar 10-15 mm).

Check both switches are correctly positioned in their holders up against the corssbar and not loose or turned sideways.

Geof likes this.