1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved black ooze coming from my J-head printer head.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Xander, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander

Xander New Member

I have the Robo R1 printer and it is working quite nicely. My only problem now is that my prints are full of black spots because filament is leaking through the head. To be specific, from the side where the red and black cables go in to the head or possibly above there, at least it is at that side. The printer came with the head wrapped in, I guess, kapton tape. I could clearly see the molten filament be stuck behind this tape. The tape had been starting to let go from the head the last couple of days. I decided to remove the tape, seeing it didn't do anything anymore, and tried to replace it with some kapton tape that I had lying around. But when I heat my printerhead to 230C it starts to let go.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix this problem. I have to print a project for a client and I can't deliver a model full of black spots...

Kind regards,

Xander

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like the plastic tube that lines the J-Head has cracked. Contact Robo3D for a replacement.
    That needs to be replaced. Usually, given the effort to dismount, repair and replace the hotend people often opt to just replace the hotend with an all metal one (like the E3D).

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I agree with mark. If it's oozing it's probably a cracked PTFE. Assuming it's a J-head as you said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.