1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Broken Part

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by gayoub, Nov 3, 2015.

1. gayoub

gayoub Member

Hi all
    Yesterday I left the printer (Robo 3D R1) running only to find that it had finished the spool of PLA and a part was broken. See photo. Not sure how it broke, assuming that the end of the spool was tight, but not sure.
    My question is can this part be printed or replaced? I have glued it together to get me by, but not sure. I've had the printer for 4 months now and everything has been going relatively well.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    George

Attached Files:

2. Lyconthrous

Lyconthrous New Member

I'd give Robo a call, sorry don't have the number handy. You can check thingaverse, I've seen a few parts there, just do a search for Robo 3d or add parts after it. Good luck, please post what you find out

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

3. jediknight0

jediknight0 Active Member

Interesting. The same part broke a few weeks ago for me as well. I filed a parts request with Robo3D on 10/25 but I haven't received a response yet.

In the meantime, you can print one from here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:69794

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. gayoub

gayoub Member

5. janot928

janot928 Active Member

also had this part broke..... i printed a new one and everything whent fine. i would just recomand to remove both spring loaded screws when chnanging filament and not just hold the hinge back. takes 2 min and makes it all easyer

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, that is how I have always done it. Takes an extra 60 seconds.

7. janot928

janot928 Active Member

but since i went dual extruder i do not use the wade's extruder but a direct drive. i find it easier for everyday use