1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PLA Bronzefill Question

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by mprinz, Apr 22, 2015.

1. mprinz

mprinz Member

Hey everyone,

So I just got my bronzefill from Colorfabb the other day and was wondering if I should be using a filament oiler for it as I would if I were printing regular PLA. This stuff seems pretty soft and I'm worried that the hobbled gear is going to chew right through it and clog up on me.

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Hey there, I'm a US reseller for colorFabb and have printed hours and hours on a stock R1 with hexagon. 210C. Cold bed. Personally I've never used an inline oiler on any of my printers. I do occasionally wipe down the first few inches of a piece of filament with canola oil. Maybe every 10 prints or so. Same goes for bronze.
    I've personally never had any issues with chewing or buckling. The handful of reports I have heard have been from customers with bowden extruders. They've solved it by giving the nozzle a good cleaning.
    Post what you make and feel free to hit me up with any questions once you get going.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I have printed a decent amount of Bronzefil with no issues, but I use the in-line oiler on everything but nylon.
    It won't hurt to use the oiler either way.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

OK, I have found the solution to post-processing for the metal filaments.
    Here are two photos of a chunk (a messed up print) made of Bronzefil that we then polished.
    shiney1.jpg shiney2.jpg

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Details here: