1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Buildtak on Robo R1+

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Bruvilla1, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Bruvilla1

Bruvilla1 New Member

Hey everyone,

So I recently received my Robo R1+ and I’m very excited to print some stuff on it just like with my C2, however I haven’t had tooo much success as of yet printing files with supports because the bed adhesion isn’t very good. I was thinking of possibly buying some 8x8 buildtaks for better adhesion and I was wondering if anyone on here has done this? I just prefer it over the glass bed.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

yes you can, you just have to make sure you change your start gcode to probe the bed cold. If your having adhesion issues I'd imagine your z offset is not correct and needs adjusted or possibly just a little glue stick or hairspray to help.

Bruvilla1 likes this.
  3. Bruvilla1

Bruvilla1 New Member

Thank you so much for your reply Geof! I’m still fairly new to modifying gcodes. I’m currently using simplify 3d to print and if you could tell me how to make it prove the bed cold? I do have issues with a lot of my printers where the nozzle will be extruding slowly and once it reaches the bed to start printing it has a glob of filament when it starts the print. I always clip it as much as I can until the print can start but I feel like I shouldn’t have to be doing that.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member