1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Changing extruder stepper port on (RAMPS) board

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mike Noel, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Mike Noel

Mike Noel New Member

My extruder stepper stopped working and troubleshooting indicates the motor and cable are Ok. I had a scheduled appointment with tech support today but they didn't call. Is there a gcode command I can add to change the extruder to an unused port?

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I looked at that a bit Friday because someone was troubleshooting the same. Do you have an r1+? There are no open ports for a stepper driver. If not, I don't know if there is a firmware change needed for this. For dual extrusion there is a board definition change needed. Sorry I don't have a definitive answer.

Oh and I believe Robo takes today off. Not sure why they would allow scheduling for today.

3. Mike Noel

Mike Noel New Member

OK, thanks. Yes, I have an r1+ so I guess that answers my question about changing ports.

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering if there was a way to revert an r1+ back to using one z axis driver. That would leave the open port for other things. A new standard ramps version 1.4 and then rewiring a bit too get the r1+ setup to work on it. But if you are within your warranty get Robo to send a new board

#4 danzca6, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

mark tomlinson likes this.