1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Clean your R2 bed!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pclabtech, Jun 26, 2017.

1. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

Being new to PEI surfaces, I started experiencing failure after failure on something that should not lose adhesion, even with a raft. What I did find was that because the center area is being used a lot for most print jobs, it had a duller than normal appearance,

After using a Clorox appliance wipe on the bed surface, things started sticking to the bed like normal.

Just an FYI.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey buddy,
    For what its worth (PEI on the MK2) I've been through the same struggle. I use the rough green side of a yellow and green kitchen sponge and some 70% rubbing alcohol. Cleans it up to like new (thats part of their instruction- the alcohol) I'd suggest giving that a shot. I'm not sure what if anything is in the clorox wipe that could be harmful but there is always that chance.

pclabtech and Ed Ferguson like this.
  3. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

On my R2 I've been using rubbing alcohol and a paper towel before every print. The paper towel is abrasive enough to leave micro-scratches on the bed - just enough to take some of the shine off. If anything, my prints stick too well. So I dropped the 60 degree bed default down to 50 degrees for PLA.

pclabtech and Geof like this.